Every year when the calendar reaches December 30th, I’m more and more surprised that it’s been another year of ReviewBeforeFlight-ing! It’s amazing to me that on this day four years ago MTElia’s Flying Blog took off on a journey to become ReviewBeforeFlight and reach six continents around the globe!
Our vision to provide thought-provoking, positive aviation-themed content aimed to help promote general aviation has continued on a steady course. As with every one of these annual posts, I would most like to say thank you to everyone who has read our content over the past four years and thank you to everyone who has contributed as a writer or commenter!
This past year has been quite a ride for ReviewBeforeFlight and for me personally!
- In January we unveiled our new ReviewBefore Flight logo (pictured above)!
- On March 3rd I proposed to my girlfriend, Emily and we’ve been enjoying the engaged life since! Maybe there will be a wedding in 2018? Stay tuned…
- During April I was honored to serve as the emcee for SEAPLANE-A-PALOOZA, as the Tavares seaplane fly-in partnered with Sun ‘n Fun and brought a big crowd to FA1.
- On September 30th we shared my 3000 plus word post, “The Devil is in the Details: Flight Review Documentation,” which has led to a great dialog on pilot record-keeping.
- We passed 20,000 page views during 2017, our best year ever!
My favorite pictures from 2017:
What I’m the most proud of over the past four years, our reach:
Again, thank you to everyone who has read our content, wrote for us and/or commented on a ReviewBeforeFlight post. We look forward to a bigger and better 2018, we hope you’ll join us!
-Fly Safe, @MTElia1B9